Win a bottle of Springbank Local Barley!
If truth be told, we can understand there must be a lot of people disappointed to miss out on purchasing a bottle of the recent Local Barley release from Springbank. With only 9,000 bottles released worldwide, and demand at an all time high, our allocation sold out in just a few minutes. (1 bottle per person, on a first come, first served basis). For the lucky ones with quick fingers, congratulations, you did well! We hope that you're now enjoying the fruits of your labour, sharing this great dram with your friends. If you missed out, don't worry, here's another chance to grab a bottle!
Following on from the first release, the second release in the Springbank Local Barley series is this 11 year old single malt Scotch whisky from Campbeltown. Produced using local Bere Barley from Aros farm in Argyll and matured in ex-bourbon casks, only 9,000 bottles were filled to bottle in 2017, at cask strength 53.1% ABV.
Producer Tasting Notes
Nose: What an incredible nose, to start with marmalade and honey, then mineral notes from the Kintyre peninsula. As it opens up, freshly baked bread with sweet notes of sun dried bananas to contrast with salted caramel topping.
Palate: The promise given in the nose continues, a lovely creaminess and sweetness of grapes, custard, honeycomb and marshmallow. This is balanced with salted popcorn and liquorice, and an ever present, hint of peat.
Finish: There’s a nutty quality about this, almonds, hazelnuts and walnuts as well as an air of indulgence, rich and buttery with an elegant finish that keeps on giving.
A true Campbeltown dram that needs to be opened and enjoyed amongst friends!
How to win!
1. Sign up to our mailing list below.
2. Answer the competition question via the comments section.
N.B - Even if you're already signed up to our mailing list, please still enter your email address below, if you'd like to enter the competition!
Enter your details below for the chance to win!
What region within Scotland is Springbank whisky produced?
Please post your comment below!
The boring stuff! (Competition Rules)
1. Restrictions: By entering this competition, you confirm that you are at least 18 years of age, and that you meet the minimum legal age for purchasing alcoholic beverages in your country of residence. The competition is open to private individuals only, no employees of Abbey Whisky Ltd are permitted to enter. If proof of age is requested by the promoter (Abbey Whisky Limited) and satisfactory proof of age is not provided by the winner, the promoter (Abbey Whisky Limited) reserves the right to withdraw the prize.
2. Rules to participate: Register your email address to our mailing list and answer the competition message. The email address must be valid and owned by the person entering. No purchase of any goods or services is necessary to be eligible for entry into this competition. Entries submitted after the closing date will not be counted.
3. The Prize: 1 x 70cl Springbank Local Barley 11 Year Old. The prize is as stated and non transferable. No alternative to the prize will be given. If due to circumstances beyond our control, Abbey Whisky Limited reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal value. All prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the supplier.
4. Results: Competition closes 31st March 2017. The winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries, contacted directly via email and also announced via the Abbey Whisky Blog. The decision of the promoter (Abbey Whisky Limited) is final. No correspondence will be entered into.