Bruichladdich Single Malt Whisky
Bruichladdich is a Gaelic reference to the ‘raised beach’ upon which the distillery is sited, on the Hebridean Isle of Islay, on Scotland’s wild west coast.
Built in 1881 by William Harvey and his brothers, it was closed down in 1994 as “surplus to requirements”.
On 19th December 2000 it was acquired by a small group of private investors led by Mark Reynier.
Following extensive renovation, the distillery recommenced distilling at 08.23 on the 29th May 2001.
Bruichladdich, now a private Scottish company operated, managed and directed on Islay.
Bruichladdich is made from an unusual marriage of manual C19 equipment, inspirational distillery design and pre-industrial distilling techniques.
500,000 - 700,000 litres are distilled annually from 100% Scottish barley – increasingly Organic and Islay grown – from different farms (terroirs), varieties and peating levels.