Abbey Whisky Ltd is committed to protecting privacy and complies with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), effective 25th May 2018.
When individuals order from the web site (www.abbeywhisky.com), register or sign up to the newsletter, personal details are requested to complete the online forms. Abbey Whisky only retains information that facilitates the efficient processing of orders and to keep you informed.
If you require details of the information we hold, you can request this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at anytime, day or night.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Contact information including billing and shipping address
- Demographic information. Postcode, location, preferences and interests
- Records of previous orders
- Other information relevant to customer surveys, competitions and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
In addition to helping us understand your needs and provide you with a better service, we also use this information for the following reasons:
- We like to keep things personal when we contact you, we might use your name.
- To get in contact with you with regards to a current order. We have to pass relevant information on to our shipping partners, including, address, email and phone numbers in order to fulfil your order, they may in turn use this information to keep you up to date with the progress of your order.
- So that we can inform you of any changes and update you on the progress of your current order.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information, including abandoned carts or product review requests, which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You can opt out of receiving these emails using the unsubscribe link on the bottom of each email, or by making changes within your account section when logged in.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We DO NOT store your bank details. We use payment gateways, Sage Pay and PayPal to collect your payment. We do not take payments over the phone.
As with most sites, a cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. By using our website, you agree that cookies can be used and stored. The file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com or by unsubscribing at the bottom of any marketing email that you receive from us. You can also make changes to your preferences by logging into your account.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Sorley's Dollar FK14 7AS.
If you believe that the information we hold is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|